Have you recently realized that, while your home is well organized, it also needs a major cleaning? If that's the case, it might be time to put away things like the feather duster and the dust mop. Bring out the heavy duty rags and your best cleaning products and get ready. Here are some tips on how to do the job thoroughly and in a short period of time:
If you have little children, you'd be very smart to arrange a play date so you won't have distractions. After all, you don't want to be cleaning up toys or peanut butter while you're in the middle of cleaning the oven. However, if you have older children, definitely enlist their help. Consider making a list of chores that need to be done and giving the kids the opportunity to pick the ones they want to do.
Make a plan, concentrating on certain chores.
- Put aside any fragile collectibles, not only keeping them safe while you work but so that they can be cleaned before putting them back where they belong.
- Take care of everything that is made of wood. Dust and wax all of the wooden furniture in the house. With a damp cloth, wipe down things like cabinets, and window sills.
- Vacuum sofas, chairs, mattresses and anything else made of fabric.
- Thoroughly clean the toilets, sinks, showers, and bathtubs. Use a toothbrush to get your cleaning product into small spaces. Don't forget to wear gloves when you're using chemicals.
- Clean easy-to-reach windows and all of the mirrors in the house.
- Dust all of your collectibles and return them to their original places. Don't forget to clean silk flowers and other artificial plants.
Consider hiring professionals like AM-PM Janitorial Sales and Service, Inc. to clean hard-to-reach windows, your floors and your carpets. Getting professionals to do your high windows just makes sense. They have the right equipment and can do the job thoroughly and, most important, they can do it safely. If you have wooden floors past cleaning might have left the wood looking dull. Experts will be able to give the wood the shine it once had. For tile floors, equipment will be used to clean the grout and to make the tile sparkle. You may have already vacuumed, but that doesn't mean your carpets are truly clean. A commercial cleaning service will use equipment that will go beneath the surface and will even remove most stains from your carpets, making them look like new again.
It's a good idea to make a chart of things that need to be cleaned daily, weekly and monthly. Keep that chart in a handy place so it will remind you to maintain the beautiful look you have created.